Saturday, June 30, 2007
Friday, June 29, 2007
Monday, June 18, 2007
Today was my last day of school, which was very nice! My students left in the middle of May so I have been just surfing the net for a few weeks. This is the best feeling - all of you teachers out there know exactly what I mean. That feeling you have on the 1st day of summer vacation. Ohhh it is so full of potential! Don't get me wrong, I love teaching, and I love the kids, but I ABSOLUTELY ADORE summer vacation. I had 4 kids come see me today, so it was great to see them. I had such a great group of students this year. I teach 125 kids, and this year there wasn't even one that I couldn't stand. (Let me tell you, most years there is at least one!) I'm a very lucky person!
We had a busy weekend. I threw my husband a 40th birthday party. We had about 40-50 people here, and it really was great. I cleaned by buying 10 MORE Rubbermaid tubs, and putting all of the random stuff in them. I think emptying the bins is going to take me the next 2 weeks! Knitting has slowed a little due to carpal tunnel. It isn't awful, but I think my tendons need a little break.
Wednesday, June 13, 2007
Monday, June 11, 2007
Wednesday, June 6, 2007
2. If you could visit any country in the world, other than your own, which would it be and why? I would like to go to Greece, or the Amalfi coast in Italy, both because of the water. I also would love to go to Japan and China because the cultures are so rich and different. Denmark is another country I would like to go to, because I have never been. I would also like to go on a safari in Africa.
3. Have you ever driven across several states/providence/countries? Yes - the US and parts of Europe
4. Have you ever visited someplace you consider exotic? Where was it? I felt that Costa Rica was pretty exotic when I went there. I also really loved Norway, Sweden and Finland when I went there.
5. What was your favorite "travel" vacation? Why? My husband and I went to Italy in 2000 and had a great time. We spent a few days in Rome doing all of the ruins and touristy things. Then we relaxed at a beach community which had very few American tourists (if any) and then we went to Florence, and went to more museums. It was a great combination of learning, soaking in the culture, and relaxation.
6. Have you ever played tourist in your own home city/state (if international, country)? Explain.
A little bit. We live right outside of Boston, and so we some times have friends that come and we go on a tour with them. It is also great to go to the sights now that we have kids.
7. Are you a museum visitor, beach comer or an amusement seeker? I like museums, but I am a definite beach bum! I am NOT an amusement seeker!
8. What's your favorite type of yarn? I like yarns that have some "give" like wools or sythetics that have some drape.
9. What's your least favorite type of yarn? Acrylic
10. What items do you like to knit/crochet? I mainly do things that you can wear - sweaters, socks, hats etc.
11. What do you pack, knit/crochet wise when you go on vacation? Usually a sock and a sweater project. One that is stockinette, and one that is complex.
12. What other crafts do you do/would like to do other than Knit/Crochet? I've done a lot of cross stitch, needlepoint and some beading and paper crafts.
13. Are you allergic to anything? (Yarn wise or treat wise) soy
14. What is your favorite color? Least Favorite? I like most colors, especially those that are on the blue - ish side. I don't really like oranges, or avocado green, or mustard yellow
15. Sweet or Savory (Treat not personality)?I like them both
16. Anything else we are forgetting to ask that you think your partner desperately needs to know? I can't think of anything
Tuesday, June 5, 2007
I also decided not to rip out my "socks that rock" sock, so I did finish one, and am working on the other. They are very thick, but the colors are beautiful. I may order another skein of this weight to make a hat and mittens for my daughter.
The final thing that I have pictures of is going to be my first foray into design. I have had this Fiesta boucle for quite a while, and I want to make a tank top out of it. The only way to make it without it being obscene is to knit it on size 2 needles. Well that is not going to happen. So I bought some yarn to double with it, but I feel like it hides the beauty of the yarn. I tried a little bit of lace, and then some other stitches, which is why the swatch is so funny looking. But one day perhaps I will find the right use for this yarn. However, this is where the ADD comes in! I have no idea WHY I am so concerned about this. (I have spent hours swatching and pouring over patterns, and I haven't come up with anything yet.) You would think that I don't have anything else on the needles. THIS IS SO NOT TRUE! I haven't even photographed another pair of socks that I am making or a tank top that I am sewing together.
Life besides knitting is fine. I am trying not to buy yarn for a while. My stash is quite large enough already. I am counting down the days until school is done ( 9 more school days.) I am very excited about this.
Thanks for reading.