Friday, April 20, 2007

Debbie Bliss - Baby shrug


I finally took some pictures.

Here is the baby shrug from the Debbie Bliss Book Simply Baby. It was a little confusing to make because she doesn't put a graph of what the pieces of the garment will look like when they are completed. So for the arms she has you increase stitches, which I found confusing at the time. Basically when you are done the stitches will go around the arm, instead of up and down.

I made it for my 1 year old daughter, but I made it to fit a 2 year old. I have a hard time putting a lot of time into something for the girls because they are growing so fast. However, these days I am knitting much faster, so I shouldn't be so reluctant. The shrug took about 2 weeks. The biggest pain of it was picking up the stitches around the garment. I liked the way it turned out, and hopefully she will get a lot of use out of it.
P2K

No comments: