Wednesday, April 11, 2007

knitting and baseball

Tonight I planned on watching the Red Sox v. Mariners game, but I had to make dinner and help put the kids to bed, so I set my DVR to tape it because I didn't want to miss seeing Matsusaka pitch. It seemed like a great plan. Unfortunately, I scheduled the wrong channel to tape the game, so by the time I sat down it was the 6th inning. I guess I didn't miss much, though, because the Red Sox lost this one. : (
Some people don't readily see the connection between baseball and knitting, but baseball is FANTASTIC for knitters. You don't really have to watch the game, and when they do something great, the announcers make a big deal about it, and then show the play again. That is just enough time for you to look in, take in the play, and then go back to knitting. It also gives you a good 2-3 hours a night to knit, and not really get wrapped up in a show.
The other good thing about baseball in Boston, is that there is a sports radio station (WEEI) that talks all the time. So if you just want to knit and have something to listen to, this is a good place to go.
Baseball is like a soap opera. The games are fine, and sometimes can be a great adrenalin rush, but behind the scenes there is a lot of drama about the players. It definitely keeps me content and gives me something to talk about besides yarn.
On the knitting front, I just finished a Debbie Bliss pattern - the baby shrug (Made with Cascade 220 superwash) and am now doing the dollar and a half sweater from the current issue of Interweave Knitter. It is a really fun pattern, and so far not too hard.

P2K

No comments: