Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Dying to go back to school



I dyed some yarn over the summer. The green and the blue are the Cascade Eco Wool dyed with Easter Egg dye, and the skein in the front is wool (miscellaneous Aran wool from the early '90's) dyed with beet juice. The eco wool is really soft, and was fun to dye. I think I am going to dye another skein of it with beet juice, to make a striped sweater. The blue and green together need a little something to break up the sweetness of the two colors.
School started for me yesterday with meetings. It was o.k. as far as first days go. Our principal is pretty good about getting out information without a lot of extra discussion. This is SUCH an improvement over the last guy who spent a year's worth of faculty meetings to discuss the attendance policy. That was SOOO tedious. Today I met with my freshmen. I haven't taught freshmen since I was a student teacher, so this is a nice change for me. My seniors come in tomorrow. I don't know if it ever goes away, but I am nervous! I'm also bummed that summer is over. :( Oh well, now it is time for some good sweater knitting.
P2K

2 comments:

CynCyn said...

this could be first year that i wasn't excited to be going back to school... buying school supplies, etc etc. can you come to brunch on sunday? we're meeting at athan's on wash, at 1030a.

Anonymous said...

Not me I am a teacher and not so excited about going back to school...love your afghan on the top...