Friday, June 29, 2007

Back from Vacation




We just got back from a week long vacation from visiting family on Cape Cod and Nantucket. It was fantastic. We had great weather, wonderful company and a lot of time to hang out and not worry about anything. It really was a terrific family vacation. I don't think my girls really slept until today. This morning my little one (who is almost 15 months old) slept until 11:30 (after having a snack at 6:00 am - she has been running her little self ragged!)
Coming home is usually tough, but not today! I received a great gift from my "blue pal." Cass from Shut up I'm counting. She was so thoughtful! I was definitely spoiled! I love the yarn, especially the bamboo (which is the single skein) I've got to find a good project for it that shows off the colors! I also love the stationary. THANKS CASS!




I did get to do a fair amount of knitting this week, and my carpal tunnel is definitely better. I have been changing around the yarns, and trying not to knit with cotton for too long a stretch. Although, I did get a lot of work done on my cousin's scarf, which is in a cotton/silk blend, but it is not that wide, so I think the constant turning helps give my hand a rest. I have also been better about doing my stretches. I have a great book which gives great exercises. If you have problems in this area, this is a great book to try. I should be blocking the scarf tomorrow. I'll write more about it then.
All the best,
P2K

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That sounds lovely. I was in Cape Cod and Nantucket back in maybe 1994, some time around then. I loved it! I would love to go back.